Joshua is 18 months old today! I can hardly believe he is halfway done with being 1 year old :(
Here are some stats on Joshua at 18 months:
- weighs about 23 lbs
- wearing 12-18 month clothes depending on the brand and a size 4 diaper
- wears a size 6.5W shoe
- has 11 teeth (I think)
- loves Little Einsteins, Elmo, airplanes, helicopters, animals and playing with Caleb
- fearless when climbing - whether it be on the furniture or swing set! He easily climbs the swing set ladder and goes down the 6 ft slide by himself
- favorite foods: cheese, fruit, hot dogs, tomatoes, corn, french fries, and unfortunately he has a sweet tooth! Tries to feed himself with a fork at many meals and does a pretty good job!
- sleeps about 11 hours each night and takes a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon every day
- knows baby sign language for more, all done, please, thank you, I'm sorry, help, eat, drink, cold, cat, dog, flower, butterfly, and cat.
- is saying many words, although sometimes only we can understand him! Says mama, dada, Caleb, bubba, dog, kitty, uh oh, thank you, please, backpack, hi, bye, upstairs, cookies, fish, and 'ga ga' for Granny... I'm probably forgetting some words! He tries to say something new every day.
- does well going to the church nursery once a week and is happy to go to his new school so far
- is a confident, independent, happy, easy going and sweet little boy. He is a true joy and such a darling little boy - I get compliments all the time on how cute he is!
I'm taking Joshua for his 18 month appointment with our new pediatrician in a few weeks.
Also on the agenda in the weeks to come: pacifier detox. The paci (which he only uses at nap & bedtime) will be disappearing soon!