Sunday, November 25, 2012

Joshua's Thanksgiving Feast, Thanksgiving & Erin's Wedding!

On Tuesday Joshua's class had their class Thanksgiving feast.  Since they are all around 2 years old we keep things pretty simple!  Joshua does not normally go to school on Tuesday but we still attended the feast since I am one of the room moms for his class.  I wish I had taken more pictures but this age group is not the easiest to photograph!




On Wednesday we headed to Houston for Thanksgiving.  We spent Thanksgiving Day with my family, including my brother Chris, his girlfriend Haley and daughter Isabella.  We missed having my nephew Malikai in Houston with us.  For whatever reason, Caleb was kind of a mess that whole day so he had lots of 'time-in' sessions with Mommy & Daddy.  He also was running at top speed and fell which resulted in losing one of his front teeth.  We will now be teaching him "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth".  He looks really cute missing both teeth, actually!!

All of that was outweighed by the fact that we had delicious food and lots of special time together as a family!  That night Bryan had to work back in College Station so he drove back for his shift (5pm-2am).  He missed out on the fun of having Joshua awake from 2am-4:30am, insisting that he wanted to eat.  It was pretty awesome!

On Friday morning we headed over to Tony & Jan's house where Bryan met us.  We had a great time playing and visiting and celebrated Carolyn's upcoming birthday over lunch.  It is so much fun to see Caleb, Joshua & Will play together.  Sadly I did not take a single picture while we were with either side of the family.

On Friday night Bryan, Carolyn, Billy and I went to the wedding of our dear friend Erin.  We were grateful to have Tony & Jan watch the boys for us while we were gone - it felt like a date night!  Bryan and I have known Erin since high school, and she was also one of my sorority sisters and one of my bridesmaids in our wedding.  It is so obvious that she is over the moon happy, and that makes both of us very happy!  We got to visit with several friends from Young Life and I got to see lots of my sorority sisters which was great.  It is so fun to pick up where you left off, even with friends you don't get to see often enough.

With the beautiful bride

Waiting to light our sparklers for the bride & grooms departure


We headed back to Houston on Saturday around noon after a fun morning of playing at Gran Jan & Pop Pop's.  It was time to get ready to take Caleb to his first Aggie game!


No comments:

Post a Comment