Friday, December 14, 2012

Chi Omega Reunion Weekend


During the first week of December my pledge class had their annual Chi Omega reunion in College Station.  I haven't been able to go in probably 5 or 6 years because of Bryan being in residency, having small children, etc.  I am so glad that I live in Aggieland now where it is much easier to participate and even host some of my dearest friends!

My very best friends Katy, Lexi and Jamie came in town from Boerne, Tulsa & Dallas to stay at my house.  It was so nice to be together and talk, laugh and have fun.  I was so very grateful that they were in town to help me get ready for the brunch at my house on Saturday morning!

Our brunch spread:
Pioneer Woman vegetable quiche, baked fruit, cinnamon roll cake, and Katy's savory ham & biscuit dish
We enjoyed coffee and mimosas too!

Ladies brunching and catching up

Group shot thanks to the self-timer on my camera

After brunch we went to visit the Chi O house where most of us lived for at least one year (or in my case, 2.5 years!).  We had fun seeing all of the rooms where we studied, laughed, ate, and slept during college!  The girls giving us the tour probably thought we were nuts but we had such fun laughing about old memories there.


Jamie & Lexi shared Room 2 our sophomore year

Katy & I shared Room 15 our sophomore year

Group photo on the stairs. 
We all agreed we should donate money so they can get rid of that awful wallpaper.

Probably the worst group picture we have ever taken since the sun was in our eyes!

After our tour we went to dinner at Cafe Eccel and then attended Chi Omega's annual Songfest.  It was fun to see all of the acts in Songfest and see what things have changed, and that many things have remained the same!

I am so incredibly grateful for these friendships that have stood the test of time!  13 years after meeting as freshman we still love each other's company and one weekend never seems like enough time.  I am looking forward to many reunions in College Station for years to come!

1 comment: