Thursday, May 16, 2013

Caleb's Birthday Party

I think it's fair to say I'm a tad bit behind on the blog.  Almost like I forgot it existed!  I'm going to do my best to catch up since this kind of serves as our family scrapbook.

We had Caleb's birthday party on Friday, April 12.  We invited his whole class (about 10 kids) plus his cousins.  We decided to have a space themed party at our house, because apparently I am crazy and like to create extra stress for myself.  Once you hit age 5 it is a lot more important to provide games and structured activity during the party-- something that I soon realized was stressful!  We planned to do a moon rock hunt while wearing their party favors (rocket jet packs that I made myself), a rocket balloon race and play with a rocket blaster toy that shoots foam rockets into the air when you step on a pedal.  

The rocket blaster was by far the biggest hit.  After we did all of our activities, the kids sang to Caleb and then all enjoyed pizza, cupcakes and space themed snacks.  Caleb seemed to enjoy his party although he was overwhelmed a few times.  

Caleb was happy to have a space themed party but the #1 thing on his birthday list was more diggers.  These are the same construction toys that he was obsessed with around his 3rd birthday and the interest is back.  His favorite things (or obessions!) have gone from balls at age 1, to Doc Hudson at age 2, diggers that play music and shake at age 3, water towers at age 4, the Aggie band at age 4 1/2 and now back to diggers that play music and shake at age 5.  He's also developed an appreciation for construction cranes.

I had a lot of fun planning Caleb's party even though it was a LOT of work!  I'm pretty sure next year's celebration will be at the bowling alley or gymnastics place!! :) 

All the jet packs lined up with custom moon rock bags my mom sewed

The birthday boy ready to party!


Moon Rock Hunt





Playing with the rocket blaster toy


Uncle Craig posing as an astronaut

Even baby Charlotte came to the party!


Rocket balloon races



The party table





Caleb and his friends

Getting ready to blow out his candle

With our 5 year old and all his diggers!


1 comment:

  1. What a cool birthday celebration! Went for a kids get together organized by my son's school at one of the nearly located event space few days back. It was a frolic event with best dishes and cuisines. Pizzas and cup cakes for kids were also of great quality. Overall the party was mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete