Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cowboy Day

Thursday, March 7th was Cowboy Day at the boy's school.  Caleb & Joshua were both excited to wear their new cowboy shirts and boots.  Joshua does not normally go to school on Thursdays but I took him up there to join his class for the Cowboy Day activities, and to help his teachers wrangle 10 toddlers, which is kind of like herding cats. 

I wanted to take pictures of the boys before school.  They are normally not super thrilled to take pictures, so I bribed them by saying they could drive in the Jeep to the photo location.  They happily obliged!


En route to their photo shoot on the front porch

My two little cowboys! How cute are they??

Cowboy Day included participating in lots of fun activities in the church's gathering space that were all cowboy themed.  I only got to see Joshua's class since I helped as Room Mom and didn't have anyone to watch Joshua so I could go with Caleb's class.  Joshua loved all the activities!

Joshua and most of his class...
a few kids were not in the picture because they were crying :(

Warming his hands by the 'campfire'

Panning for Gold-- this was one of his favorite stations

"Roping" a horse with a hula hoop
Joshua attempted to raid this station's candy bowl at least 6 times in 10 minutes.

Playing horseshoes with his buddy Garner 

More time at the campfire with classmate Bradyn 

After snack time the Toddler Class had their turn at the petting zoo.  The kids were all really excited to see and pet the animals.  




The best part of the day for me was seeing Joshua in his school environment.  He is far from perfect -- but I am so proud of what a confident, social and generally compliant little boy he is.  Lots of kids really struggle when they see their parents up at the school, and while Joshua definitely notices and is excited about my presence he is still happy to go with the flow and follow the school routine.  He still went around and did all the activities and had FUN rather than clinging to me constantly.  I was really proud of how well he handles all of that at such a young age!  I'm blessed to be able to stay at home and have the opportunity to be a part of activities at the boy's school and see all the fun they have there!

No comments:

Post a Comment